English edition of the premier reference work for scholars of the ancient world. The online version includes the full-text of the published print version and is automatically updated when a new volume is published. The complete original German edition is also available online.
Look here for people, places, dates, events, and definitions concerning the ancient world. Includes Oxford Classics Dictionary, Grove Encyclopedia of Classical Art and Architecture, Oxford Encyclopedia of Ancient Egypt, and the Encyclopedia of the Dead Sea Scrols.
"The only comprehensive collection of twenty-first century scholarship available on the entire ancient Mediterranean world...Entries extend to all Mediterranean civilizations, including the Near East and Egypt, and represent an unprecedented level of coverage of the ancient world."
Credo Reference provides access to a large number of encyclopedias, dictionaries, thesauri and other reference books. Subjects covered include art, biography, history, literature, music, religion, and science and technology.
* The Brill Dictionary of Religion , 4v, 2006
* Cambridge Dictionary of Philosophy , 2nd ed., 1999
* Contemporary American Religion , 2v, 2000
* Dictionary of Gnosis and Western Esotericism , 2v, 2005
* A Dictionary of Jewish-Christian Relations , 2005
* Encyclopaedia Judaica , 2nd ed., 22v, 2007
* The Encyclopaedia of Islam, New ed. , 13v, 1986
* Encyclopaedia of the Qur'an , 6v, 2006
* Encyclopedia of American Religions , 7th ed., 2003
* Encyclopedia of Buddhism , 2v, 2004
* Encyclopedia of Islam and the Muslim World , 2v, 2004
* The Encyclopedia of Judaism , 2nd ed., 4v, 2005
* Encyclopedia of Philosophy , 2nd ed., 10v, 2006
* Encyclopedia of Religion , 2nd ed., 15v, 2005
* Encyclopedia of Science and Religion , 2v, 2003
* Encyclopedia of Women and Religion in North America , 3v, 2006
* The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Confucianism , 2v, 2005
* New Catholic Encyclopedia , 2nd ed., 15v, 2003
* Worldmark Encyclopedia of Religious Practices , 3v, 2006
Encyclopaedia Britannica provides information and instructional products used in schools, universities, homes, libraries, and workplaces throughout the world. Britannica is online, in e-books, and on mobile devices.
This is a search program that you use to look up the name of a journal, magazine, or newspaper to see if the library has a link to an e-version or else has it in print. Don't use it to search for article titles.