Temple Libraries does not routinely buy textbooks for TU classes. It is not likely that we will happen to have the textbook you are looking for.
1) To see what textbooks are required for your course, check your course syllabus and use the Textbook Search from the Barnes & Noble Temple Bookstore. Purchase your textbooks from the bookstore, or from another textbook seller including websites such as half.com.
2) If you don't acquire your textbook from the bookstore or an online book site like half.com, you can search the Diamond Library Catalog
- for Keywords using the last name of the author AND (put the word "AND" after the last name) a word from the title of the textbook
- for the Title of the textbook-- be as specific as possible with subtitles, as many textbooks start with the same words
- for the Author and look for the title of the textbook in the results
3) You may now find your course reserves by logging into Blackboard with your AccessNet ID and password. After you log into Blackboard, locate the Course Reserves link on the left side menu. If you do not see this link, contact your instructor.
- For additional help see the following tutorial: ARES Course Reserves Tutorial
- For textbook information see: Guide to finding textbooks
- If you have any further questions call 215 204-0744.
4) If Temple does not have a textbook or if it is checked out, try requesting the book through E-ZBorrow PALCI E-ZBorrow lets you search 60+ Pennsylvania academic libraries. Books are received in 3-5 business days. Loans are for six weeks with one renewal during regular semesters. Times may vary during summer sessions. Be aware that recently published textbooks are often not available to borrow because they are often used for classes.
- Mosaic textbooks: A copy of the required readings for the Mosaic courses are on Course Reserve – found at the Circulation Desk in the Tuttleman Learning Center.
- The Math and Science Resource Center (MRSC) does have many of the textbooks for courses in math and science, and social science statistics courses for use during their regular hours. The MRSC is located at 1810 Liacouras Walk, Room 201 on Main Campus
- You may find some medical science textbooks under the "Textbooks" or "Books" tabs in AccessEmergency Medicine, AccessMedicine, AccessPharmacy, AccessSurgery, and PsychiatryOnline.
- Zavalle Bookstore has used books for Temple courses. It is located at 1520 North Broad Street Philadelphia, PA 19121
- The Barnes & Noble Bookstore on campus also rents textbooks and eTextbooks (student center - lower level).