1) Access all Temple University PhD dissertations (full-text) awarded from August 2008 to the current date through the Temple University Electronic Theses & Dissertations page. it offers easy searching and effective browsing and contains some dissertations from May 2008 when digitization began. Use Proquest Dissertations & Theses at Temple if the item is not found.
2) Proquest Dissertations & Theses @ Temple University is a subcollection of Proquest Dissertations & Theses that contains just Temple University dissertations and some masters theses. Temple PhD dissertations are available in PDF full-text from 1980 to present. Many also available in full-text before 1980.
3) Use Library Search to search for dissertations and theses completed at Temple. Note: While the library should hold all PhD dissertations, it does not hold all Masters theses.) Find print or electronic formats.
Do a Keyword search using the following format: "temple university theses" [your keyword(s) here] Examples: "temple university theses" philosophy or "temple university theses" baseball Note: a search using the phrase "temple university theses" will find both Masters theses and PhD dissertations)
Note: Circulating copies of Temple University dissertations and theses are housed in Remote Storage (the Library Depository). Find the item you want in Library Search. Login and request the item be delivered to the circulation desk on your campus to check it out. Copies in the Special Collections Research Center do not circulate.
1) Proquest Dissertations & Theses (1861-present)
Covers the period from 1861 to the present. Contains abstracts and previews. Abstracts begin in 1980. Twenty-four page previews begin in 1997 (although many previews are available for the pre-1997 period). Includes dissertations and theses from North American and European universities. Searchable by Keyword, Author, Title, School, Subject, Abstract, Advisor, Degree, and Language.
Note: Use Interlibrary loan to request the full-text of dissertations and theses.
Proquest Dissertations & Theses @ Temple University is a sub-collection that contains just Temple University dissertations and some masters theses. Temple dissertations are available in PDF full-text from 1980 to present. Many also available in full-text before 1980.
2) NDLTD (Networked Digital Library of Theses and Dissertations)
Supports "electronic publishing and open access to scholarship in order to enhance the sharing of knowledge worldwide." Search tool for finding electronic theses and dissertations available through universities around the world.
3) OATD (Open Access Theses and Dissertations)
"OATD aims to be the best possible resource for finding open access graduate theses and dissertations published around the world. Metadata (information about the theses) comes from over 800 colleges, universities, and research institutions. OATD currently indexes over 1.6 million theses and dissertations."
4) General Sources
These sources should be searched (in addition to Proquest Dissertations & Theses and NDLTD) in order to do a comprehensive search for dissertations and theses:
5) Subject-Specific Sources
Many subject-specific research databases, including ATLA, EconLit, ERIC, PsycInfo, and MLA International Bibliography, index dissertations. Ask A Librarian for help in determining if there is a subject-specific database that includes dissertations in your discipline. You can also find subject specific databases in Database Finder.
1st Floor Paley Library (right by the front door)