Skip to main content
1) Set up or select a content area
- On the left-side menu bar in your Blackboard course, click the “+” icon at the top.
- Select “Content Area.”
- Give the content area a name and check the box next to “Available to Users.”
- Alternatively, you can also select one of the existing content areas in your course’s left-side menu.
2) Set up the space where the guide will appear
- Click open the content area that you created or selected
- Click on the “Tools” drop-down and select “Research Guide Link.”
- Create a name and description
- Click “Submit;” don’t be fooled, you’re not done yet.
3) Add the guide content
- Click open the subpage that you just set up.
- Leave the “Site” menu selection as “Research Guides.”
- In the “Content Type” menu, choose whether you want to embed a full guide, a guide page, or a guide "box."
- Two "Guide" menus will appear. Leave the first menu's selection as "Select a specific guide by name." Use the second menu below the first to browse alphabetically or search for a guide to embed.
- If you are embedding a specific guide page or guide box, menus will appear to allow you to select them. If you embed a full guide, you can select a “Landing Page” or use the guide’s default homepage.
- Click “Embed Content,” and you’re done!