The Ginsburg Health Sciences Library laptop and iPad lending information.
Each student must sign an Electronic Device Borrowing Agreement prior to borrowing a device.
For more information on each of the devices click on the tabs in this guide.
Below is an outline of policies.
The Temple University Health Sciences Libraries offer a number of electronic devices -- laptops, netbooks, and iPads -- available for short term loan to current students of the Health Sciences Campus.* Health Sciences Campus programs include: Schools of Medicine, Dentistry, Pharmacy, Podiatry and four programs from the College of Health Professions & Social Work -- Nursing, PT, OT, and HIM.
The program is voluntary and not a substitute for owning one’s own laptop or iPad. Users must adhere to the following:
1. A Temple University health sciences program ID is required to participate in the program. The laptops, netbooks, and iPads are for health sciences students only.
2. The Electronic Device Borrowing Program Agreement must be read and signed once each semester by the borrower before an electronic device is checked out.
3. Borrowers should refrain from saving materials to their borrowed device as equipment is wiped clean upon return. Please save documents and files to a flash drive or email documents to a personal or University account.
4. Borrowed devices can be renewed. Laptops can be renewed twice. iPads have a longer lending period (3 days) and can be renewed once. They must be returned to the library after this period. Users may not borrow the same laptop or iPad again, believing their saved materials or data will be resident on that device.
5. Excessive late return of devices may result in suspension of borrowing privileges.
6. Users may not borrow more than one device at a time.
version 2.6, 5/31/13