As a full-time resident of Pennsylvania, with a state-issued ID with your current address, you are able to apply for a borrowing card and borrow books from the following Temple University Libraries:
- Paley Library
- Science and Engineering Library
- Ambler Campus Library
- Harrisburg Campus Library
After you apply for this card there will be a delay of up to two weeks before you receive your card and and are able to borrow books.
- You may not borrow books from the Law School Library or the Medical Campus Library. You may check out up to 10 books for 4 weeks with up to 3 renewals. You may not check out videos or DVDs.
- You will receive an email 3 days before your books are due. The email has a link to My Library Account (see link below) where you may renew your books online by entering your name and barcode number. You won't be able to renew online if your books are overdue or if another patron has requested one or more of them.
- If you receive a recall notice that means someone else has requested one or more books checked out to you and you must return them by the date indicated on the notice.
- Fines are .25 cents per day for overdue books, and $1 per day for overdue recalled books.
- You may not borrow material if your fines are over $10. You must pay them to continue borrowing.
- If you return a book more than 60 days overdue the fine will be $17.50.
- The bill for a lost book is $67.50.
- You will be referred to a collection agency if you fail to return material that is more than 60 days overdue.
- All notifications are sent by email.
- If you change your email address or mailing address you must notify us at 215-204-0744.
- If email and/or hard copy mail sent to you are returned to us as “undeliverable,” your account will be closed.
- Your card will also allow you to log onto a Guest Computer for 2 hours per day.
- You must abide by Temple University Libraries Code of Conduct or your account will be closed.