Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Manage Your Citations
RefWorks is a web-based personal database for storing, organizing, formatting, and sharing your citations.
- First, create your free personal account. This must be done on campus. Go to www.refworks.com. Temple Libraries pays the institutional subscription fee.
- When searching databases, look for the button to "download" or "export" your citations. Sometimes this option will be called something like "Bibliographic Citation Manager." Choose the RefWorks option, or if no RefWorks option is available, choose the generic option.
- Save and sort all of your citations in folders for different classes or papers.
- Any other citations you may have can be typed directly into RefWorks.
- When ready, you can check off the citations you want to use, and your bibliography will be formatted automatically in the style of your choice.
- You can also use the Write-N-Cite download to connect your RefWorks bibliography to a Word document so that you can easily enter in-text citations as you type your paper.
- Share your citations and bibliographies with classmates using the RefShare feature.
Find out more about RefWorks.