After you have decided that a source is potentially useful, read it carefully and critically, asking yourself the following questions about how this research fits your project:
- How relevant is this material to your research question?
- Does the source include counterarguments that you should address?
- How persuasive is the evidence? Does it represent opposing viewpoints fairly? Will the source be convincing to your audience?
- Will you need to change your thesis to account for this information?
- What quotations or paraphrases from this source might you want to use?
Adapted from Easy Writer (4th ed.)