Use a database or print index to retrieve citations to journal articles. Then use Diamond to determine whether any Temple University libraries subscribe to the journal specified in the citation, or use Journal Finder to determine whether articles are available online in a fulltext database. Use Interlibrary Loan to obtain copies of articles from other libraries.
Primary Databases for Anthropology:
- Anthropology Review Database
- AnthroSource. A fulltext database providing online access to current and past journals published by the American Anthropological Association.
- eHRAF World Cultures. A cross-cultural database containing information on all aspects of cultural and social life. The information is organized into cultures and ethnic groups and the full-text sources are subject-indexed at the paragraph level.
- Ethnographic Video Online. The largest, most comprehensive resource for the study of human culture and behavior – more than 750 hours and 1,000 films at completion, covering every region of the world and featuring the work of many of the most influential documentary filmmakers of the 20th century, including interviews, previously unreleased raw footage, field notes, study guides, and more. Click here for a more detailed description.
- Films on Demand. Over 6,000 educational films available for immediate online viewing.
- Indigenous Peoples Collection. Contains 521 documents on indigenous people found around the world
- Linguistics and Language Behavior Abstracts. indexes the international literature in linguistics and related disciplines in the language sciences, covering all aspects of the study of language including phonetics, phonology, morphology, syntax and semantics. Complete coverage is given to various fields of linguistics including descriptive, historical, comparative, theoretical and geographical linguistics.
- Anthropology Plus. Anthropology Plus brings together into one database Anthropological Literature from Harvard University and Anthropological Index from the Royal Anthropological Institute in the UK.
- Pub-Med. Database covering the fields of medicine, including Physical and biological Anthropology.
- Social Sciences Citation Index
Newspapers at Temple University Libraries. TU Libraries provides full text online access to a large number of local, national, and international newspapers, both current and historical.
Other important subject-specific databases of interest to anthropologists: