It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
For students, I can help...
- brainstorm research questions
- identify effective research strategies
- select the best sources for your paper or project
- determine how to best use specific sources in your paper or project
- cite/attribute your sources appropriately
For faculty, I can help...
- identify open education resources and library-licensed content for use in your courses
- design research-related activities and assignments for use in your courses
- introduce students to research tools and strategies via workshops tailored to your courses
- meet with your students outside of class
- track down tricky citations
- purchase books and electronic resources needed for your research
- identify appropriate venues for publishing your research
- develop strategies to increase the visibility of your research About me: As English and Communication Librarian, I provide research support to students, faculty, and staff in literary and media studies-related disciplines. This means I manage local research resources in these subject areas for teaching and learning. I also work with established and emerging scholars to ensure they can access and use these resources efficiently and effectively. Further, I work with faculty to plan, deliver, and improve information literacy instruction in their disciplines. And, I assist students and faculty in understanding copyright and author rights. All in all, I work to advance student and faculty success.
Research interests: information literacy, digital literacy, scholarly communications, rhetoric & composition