How I Can Help You
For students, I can help...
- brainstorm research questions
- identify effective research strategies
- select the best sources for your paper or project
- determine how to best use specific sources in your paper or project
- cite/attribute your sources appropriately
For faculty, I can help...
- identify open education resources and library-licensed content for use in your courses
- design research-related activities and assignments for use in your courses
- introduce students to research tools and strategies via workshops tailored to your courses
- meet with your students outside of class
- track down tricky citations
- purchase books and electronic resources needed for your research
- identify appropriate venues for publishing your research
- develop strategies to increase the visibility of your research
As English and Communication Librarian, I provide research support to students, faculty, and staff in literary and media studies-related disciplines. This means I manage local research resources in these subject areas for teaching and learning. I also work with established and emerging scholars to ensure they can access and use these resources efficiently and effectively. Further, I work with faculty to plan, deliver, and improve information literacy instruction in their disciplines. And, I assist students and faculty in understanding copyright and author rights. All in all, I work to advance student and faculty success.
information literacy, digital literacy, scholarly communications, rhetoric & composition